"Care of patients and provision of information"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

I would like to say while attending the rheumatology clinic there is not an issue. The issue is that on the helpline in 2013 you were given a time to ring. On ringing the number at the specified time there was never an answer and the line went dead. In July 2014 there is adifferent message. Your call will be subject to a triage but should be returned in two days. Not happening. My difficulty is my rheumatology nurse is on long term sick. I am awaiting commencement for new medication as I cannot tolerate methotrexate. This was agreed 4 weeks ago. I desperately want to know who is monitoring my condition and when will my medication arrive. I have had 6 months of using different medication. None of them stop the flare ups. I am becoming more and more disabled, my ankle is fusing, my knees are becoming stiffer, my arms are immovable. What can I do to move on?

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your visit the Rheumatology department at Fairfield General Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.