"No follow up appointment received!!!"

About: Arrowe Park Hospital

My 7 month baby was meant to receive a follow up appointment 3 months after original appointment! Over 3 months has passed and not appointment has been received!! When we attended the hospital for the original my letter was taken off me and the girl behind reception said she will sort an appointment out and get a letter to me in the post as she was too busy to do it at that point in time!! My gut feeling was this would not happen, guess I was correct! I have spent the last 45 mins trying to get through to someone to get an appointment!! Still no luck, guess we know how I will be spending my day!!!!

Response from Arrowe Park Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at Arrowe Park Hospital. Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to the provision of high quality care for all patients, however we realise that there may be times when we do not always get things right. We will share your comment with the Eye Department. However, if you would like for us to look into your concerns further, we will need personal details and more information about what happened. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can ring the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on freephone 0800 432 0251, email wih-tr.pals@nhs.net or in writing to PALS, Arrowe Park Hospital, Arrowe Park Road, Upton, Wirral, CH49 5PE. PALS can discuss the best way that we can address your concerns.