"Minor injuries unit"

About: Bridport Community Hospital

I fell and hurt my ankle while out walking. The pain was quite extraordinary. Everyone in the unit was helpful, warm and welcoming. We didn't have to wait long but people kept us informed. The nurse in charge was amazing. She really inspired confidence. She examined my foot and then sent me for an x-Ray. I was quite surprised that it wasn't broken because the pain was severe. The nurse in charge spent time discussing the x-Ray with the radiographer and then explained it all to me. They gave me crutches because I couldn't put any weight on the foot and advised me what to do, because we were travelling on to Staffordshire in a few days. There is no way that they could have improved on this service. Thank you so much.

Response from Bridport Community Hospital

Thank you for the comment on NHS Choices about Bridport Minor Injury Unit. We work very hard to provide the best service possible to local population and holiday makers in our area. We fully appreciate the comments and it will be given directly to the nurse on duty. Thank you for taking the time to post on NHS choices.”