"999 call after I broke my ankle"

About: Dorset County Hospital / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I fell and sustained a broken ankle whilst out walking. I managed to call 999 for an emergency ambulance and was really pleased with the service. They arrived very promptly and took me to the Dorchester Hospital where I was seen very quickly and operated upon the following day. It really was an excellent service.

Dear Isle711

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are making a good recovery.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the ambulance crew who came to your aid.

Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and location that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave you.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.

Response from Sarah Silverton, Patient & Public Experience Lead, Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Isle711

Thank you for telling us about your experiences at Dorset County Hospital, and I am pleased that it was a quick and excellent service. I will make sure your comment is passed onto the Emergency Department and Orthopaedic Team and wish you a speedy recovery.

Response from Dorset County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback on your care, I will make sure the Emergency Department team and Orthopaedic Team hear how much you appreciated the care and treatment you received at our Hospital. It must have been frightening for you at the time and I hope you are now fully recovered and enjoying walking in the glorious weather of late. Apologises for the significant delay in my response to your post, it was only received for comment in the Trust this week. Best wishes, Alison Tong, Director of Nursing, Dorset County Hospital