"Nobody had the courtesy to inform me about the venue change for my appointment"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Dermatology Monklands District General Hospital / Dermatology

Received an appointment letter last Monday to attend Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride today at 10: 20. I duly attended only to be told that it was a Public Holiday and no clinic was on today. Nursing staff were very apologetic and after looking up on their computer discovered the clinic had been switched to Monklands a Hospital. Nobody had the courtesy to inform me, the patient. Will there be any accountability? Doubt it. As a disabled patient, no-one cares whether it was easy or difficult for me to attend this appointment.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Reetsky

I'm so sorry that your appointment was changed to Monklands Hospital and nobody told you. This is clearly unacceptable, and falls short of the service we aim to provide to our patients. I would be happy to investigate your experience further to find out why this happened. If you would like me to do this, could you please give me a call on 01355 585 000, as I would need a little more detail to allow me to do this.

Best Wishes

Susan Friel

Chief Nurse

• Reetsky thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Reetsky (the patient)

Had a very helpful response from the Chief Nurse at Hairmyres Hospital who discussed the matter with me fully. Having to attend clinics on a very regular basis I can say that her nursing staff are wonderful. Having spoken to her I will now treat this as a one of situation and thank her very much for her speedy attention in dealing with this.