"Flashes in my eye"

About: Shropshire and Staffordshire Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

“Flashes” started in my left eye in early March. Checked internet to find the cause and the message said to see your GP ASAP. Saw GP 4 days later who referred me for a PEARS review and provided a choice for me. I contacted the Specsavers and was examined during Easter on the 10th March. They informed me I would be referred to the Eye Clinic at Shrewsbury within 2 weeks.

TRAQS contacted me a week later and we discussed the appointment at the consulting rooms at Donnington, where I was seen by a consultant on the following week.

I was informed of my problem that needed no further treatment at this time, but given the details of what might happen if the condition was to deteriorate and how I should refer this to my GP at that time.

Response from Chloe Jones, TRAQS Patient Advisor, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear 'peer480'

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that your referral was dealt with in an efficient manner and that you have received the appropriate help and advice you required.

We wish you all the best with any future treatment.