"Clarity in communication "

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

I have no complaints about my contact with TRAQS but I have an observation. When contacted the lady asked a few personal information questions, after telling me she was with TRAQS I was undecided if this was some sort of phishing phone call. After the call was over I thought that I should have asked some questions first like who referred me and things like that. Thanks.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to provide the Telford Referral and Quality Service (TRAQS) with valuable feedback.

TRAQS provide all GP practices with a supply of Patient Leaflets which explains who TRAQS are and how they will contact you to arrange a suitable appointment following a referral from your GP. It would appear that on this occassion your GP failed to provide you with one of our leaflets.

We appreciate how difficult it can be for patients when they receive a call requesting confirmation of personal details which they were not expecting and are happy to write to request that the patient contacts TRAQS.at a more convenient time and they are free to find out more about TRAQS before ringing us back.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your observations with the TRAQS team.