"Excellent thorough examination"

About: Newark Hospital

My wife took me to the minor injuries following on from a number of falls, A knee I could not walk with unless it was locked and a badly bruised & swollen foot. I was greeted at Reception by a lovely friendly Lady who made me feel welcome and shown to the waiting area. Shortly after a nurse took me through and took all my details and the Doctor then did a thorough inspection and advised some X-rays were required, the X-ray dept were very welcoming & accommodating. I was then seen by another Nurse and blood was taken followed by an ECG, It was suggested the falls team could help me so some details were taken for a referral. I then saw the Doctor again who confirmed nothing was broken but advised an urgent appointment would be needed a&e the clinic to see a specialist, they came back and advised Monday, today is Saturday. Very helpful, thorough quick examination and reassurance nothing major had gone wrong. I would thoroughly recommend going to Newark Hospital.

Response from Newark Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments. We will ensure these are passed on to the Department Managers to escalate to all staff involved. Kind regards Customer Services Department Newark Hospital 01636 685692