"Poor care"

About: Scunthorpe General Hospital

I was interested to read a complaint about this ward as I to have had poor care from this ward.

I have made a formal complaint, and received a reply that was full of mistakes and did not address my areas of complaint. I have replied to this letter, and then after waiting 2 weeks for their reply hand delivered another copy. The complaints department then claimed never to have received the first copy! Nearly 4 weeks later I am still waiting for an explanation for why I received poor care in the first place.

I have worked in the health service for more than 40 years and would have expected a better response. I am also aware of another patient, a neighbour, who has very recently had problems with lack of basic care provided for them on this same ward. It is my opinion that there are some serious management problems on the ward.

Response from Sarah Mainprize, Director of OD and workforce, Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust

Hello Robina, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you call one of our matrons, Sarah Garton, who can discuss your concerns with you. Sarah can be contacted on 01724 282282 ext. 5440.

Kind regards,

Sarah Mainprize

• Robina thinks this response is helpful

Response from Scunthorpe General Hospital

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you felt the response to your complaint was unsatisfactory. Thank you very much for your feedback, which has been passed on to the complaints team. Regards, Sarah Mainprize