"Suspected meningitis of the brain."

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

Treated me for meningitis on my.brain because of my observations and blood test and complaining with head ache and pains in my neck. Come into a+e with a temperature of 38.6 seen me straight away as was in hersterix crying with pain. Triage took me round to a bed and doctor's put me straight on a drip and gave me morphine and codeine to relax mey also gave me oxygen to reduce the pain with my head ache. Bloods come back abnormal which shown I had a swelling.on my brain and that I had a virus in my body. So after that they suspected meningitis on my brain with the symptoms I was having an the pains.and.the abnormal bloods. In the end they said I was to better.to be having meningitis and diagnosed me with server tonsillitis and prescribed me with clarithromycin 500g for 7 day's. Really happy would come to this hospital again.as was very fast with the process.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the Patient Opinion website regarding the care you received from the Accident and Emergency department of our Trust. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you received the care you expected from a hospital. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the A&E Department and the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices website regarding the care you received from the Accident and Emergency department of our Trust. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you received the care you expected from a hospital. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the A&E Department and the staff involved. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust