"My breast reduction surgery"

About: Charing Cross Hospital

I was referred for breast reduction surgery to Charring Cross by my doctor, I happily went along to my first appointment at the beginning of July 2013, only to be told by the doctor that I had been sent to see the wrong doctor, I needed to see a breast surgeon, so back to my doctors to explain and await another appointment. Went along to my appointment at the end of July 2013 and saw a very helpful surgeon who agreed to do the surgery and would be in touch once she had received funding from the NHS. I contacted my own doctor in September of 2013 and asked why I had not heard anything, I was then sent another out patient appointment at Charring Cross, I went along only to be told that it was a wasted appointment as I had already seen a breast surgeon but they would inform the surgeon of the mistake. I was then sent another appointment in October and I saw the surgeon again, she apologised for the mix up and said I had received the funding and I would receive an appointment for my surgery before May 2014. In June of 2014 I contacted the hospital and asked why I had not received my surgery date, they said they would ask the surgeon and get back to me. Three days later I received another out patient appointment, I called and asked what the appointment was for and lo and behold it was another wrong appointment, needless to say I did not attend the appointment and I am still waiting for my appointment !! I have tried everything and I am sick and tired of trying!!!

Response from Charing Cross Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is sorry to read of your experience and we apologise for the frustration you have reported. Please contact our PALS service pals@imperial.nhs.uk and we will seek to investigate the situation and see when you will get your surgery.