"I broke my hip and was treated wonderfully at SMH "

About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was knocked over in a road traffic accident on at the beginning of July 2014 in the morning, I did not realise at the time how badly I was injured (I got up and walked afterwards) but when it became more painful travelled to hospital by taxi. On arrival I couldn't get out so needed an ambulance to transfer me to A&E. Every member of staff, XRay, receptionists at A&E, doctors, nurses, porters, anaesthetist, surgeon, you name them, they were wonderful, they were caring, very thorough, reassuring and kind.

I was operated on that evening and transferred to Ward 1 where again, I was treated so well. I also learnt just how patient the nursing staff are and how busy they are but nothing was too much trouble. I am recovering well so far, and looking forward to my first Outpatients appointment.

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear responder

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Your comments have been passed on to the A&E department and the staff on Ward 1 for sharing with the team.

Bucks healthcare.