"Fantastic Pain Management Services "

About: Montagu Hospital / Pain Management

I have been visiting the Pain Management Services at Mexborough Montagu hospital for acupuncture for about 10 months now, I suffer with several chronic conditions and have severe lower back pain, damage to both knees and my right foot.

Before being treated by the acupuncture team, I was taking a cocktail of pain killers comprising of 24 tablets a day that was just my pain relief I'm taking a lot more tablets for my other conditions, I could hardly walk and was in agony and unable to put full pressure on my right foot. Since the acupuncture I have been able to move much more freely I still have mobility issues but I am no longer in constant pain and have been able to reduce my intake of painkillers,

I am an on going chemotherapy patient for one of my other illnesses and the chemo has damaged my liver and kidneys so anything that helps me to reduce the intake of tablets is greatly helpful and kinder to my body.

The Pain clinic team are fantastic, very kind, professional and informative. The hospital is pleasant clean and easy to park. I attend several hospitals with my illnesses and find this small but vital hospital a life line, Attending the pain clinic once every 6 weeks as allowed me to dramatically reduce my intake of pain killers I was taking 1008 pain killers over a 6 week period now I take a couple a day.

I think its fantastic that this service is available on the NHS and I hope it will continue for a long time.

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments on our staff and for taking the time to post this message, it is greatly appreciated and we will feedback to the Pain Management Team.

We always strive to deliver the best service we can to our patients and are happy that your experience was such a positive one.

Thank you.

Response from Montagu Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post these positive comments about your care at the pain clinic at Montagu Hospital. We are really glad to hear that the treatment is working for you and that you are receiving quality care.