"Treatment for a severe broken arm"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

After suffering a nasty break to my left arm on Saturday lunch I was taken to the Royal Preston A&E department and then admitted to Ward 14 for surgery. During this I received a first class service and excellent quality of care! The A&E department treated me very quickly, got me to x ray, made sure I had the correct pain medication and then admitted me into a ward (Ward 14) for further observation. Due to my pain level I was unable to go home in the evening, the nurses worked extremely hard to manage my pain throughout the night which I am now extremely thankful for. The surgery took place the next day and was very professional, the results were very good. The aftercare on the ward was also very good. The next day they arranged for a splint to be made for me before they I was discharged. All in all a great service! Very grateful

Thank you very much for your positive feedback; it's always pleasing to hear that patients have received such a high standard of care. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the staff concerned.

Please accept our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for providing your positive feedback; please be assured that it has been shared with staff in the Emergency Department and on Ward 14.