"Support from sure start children centres."

About: Kirkby Central & West Children's Centre

(as a volunteer/advocate),

4 years ago I started to volunteer for sure start I was a shy mum of 2,

Jayne Gorewoda community development worker took me under her wing and supported me through my journey.

I decided to do my level 3 diploma in children and young peoples workforce. I then found out I was expecting another baby and Jayne supported me and my needs to go above and beyond to make sure I was happy and safe throughout my pregnancy.

After having my baby I continued to get support from Jayne and completed my qualification. Since then Jayne has helped me seek employment and I now have my first early years practitioner job and I am over the moon.

I believe 100% that without the continued support and empowerment from Jayne I would not be the confident person I am today and have the job I have. Thank you Jayne from the bottom of my heart, you are a star x

Response from Karon Foulkes, General Manager, Sure Start, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Dear Mrs c

Thank you for sharing your story and well done on your new job! You have shown real determination and persistence in getting your qualification and it is good to know Jayne from Sure Start was with you on your journey through your pregnancy and training. I will email Jayne and thank her as well for her good work.

I look forward to seeing you in the children centre soon

kind regards