"I consider myself very fortunate to have been under the care..."

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

This is the letter I wrote to the Chairman and relevant members of the Royal Surrey County Hospital Board. (I have already posted on this site the superb referred care I received at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, East Grinstead).

"I write to you to put on record the exemplary standard of care and attention I received at your A and E unit on the afternoon of Sunday June 8th.

Following an accident at my home resulting in an extremely deep wound to the middle finger of my right hand I attended The Royal Surrey. I was seen by the Casualty Sister Fiona who quickly assessed the injury and situation and called for Consultant Mr Sean McGibbon (sic) to attend.

I cannot praise the medical care I received highly enough. This continued throughout with Lisa of the X ray unit and Marie who dressed the wound.

Not only was the medical attention superb but also the personal 'bed side manner'.

I thank The Royal Surrey unequivocally for the treatment I received and the referral by Sean McGibbon of me to The Queen Victoria, East Grinstead for specialist micro surgery assessment on Monday 9 June and subsequent surgery, which I had carried out on Tuesday 10 June.

I consider myself very fortunate to have been under the care of The Royal Surrey’s team that I had".

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and provide such lovely comments. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we will share your feedback with the staff in the relevent department you mentioned.