"Still waiting, nearly one year on..."

About: Colchester General Hospital / General surgery

Still waiting, nearly one year on having been on waiting lists with a trapped piriformus muscle.. Although already diagnosed the consultant dismissed the need for an operation due to internal politics, cost cutting and managements' control of operations. There seems to be very little understanding of just how painful a trapped nerve in the buttock is and having had it released once in 2002 I am aware that without an operation it will not improve or repair. Just what am I supposed to do, overdose of pain relief. Life is painful, so is sitting, eating, standing, laying ..........Today I decided enough is enough and I will be seeking legal advice.

Response from Paul Searle, Head of Communications, Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

I apologise you’ve not had a good patient experience.

We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients, their relatives or carers.

We would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences more fully and to apologise in person. If you are willing I would appreciate it if I could ask the matron to contact you. Could you email me info@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk, using the reference “PO Still waiting, nearly one year on...”, please?

Many thanks