"Out of hours doctor"

About: The Whittington Hospital

After speaking with NHS direct three times last Sunday(6/7/14) regarding my poorly daughter I was given a time to visit the out of hours doctor at the Whittington hospital. On arrival I was booked in by a tired looking staff- not overly friendly but I imagine they've had a hard day so it wasn't a big deal. We were seen on time by the doctor who was friendly, thorough and did his best to find a diagnosis. Unfortunately it was tonsillitis and as most chemists were closed he advised me to ask at reception for a list of ones that were open. The guy at reception handed me the leaflet with very little assistance or knowledge as to where I could go to get her medication quickly- again not a big deal but seeing me with a sick, lethargic child, could have helped me out a little. Overall, as always, I am very grateful that we were treated with care and dignity. Many thanks.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared this with the department and they have agreed to create a list of local pharmacies and their opening hours to share in such circumstances. We are pleased to hear that overall you felt you were both treated with care and dignity. We do hope that your child has made a speedy recovery.