"My gastric band surgery after care"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / Gastroenterology

In February 2010 I got a gastric band fitted at Queen Margaret hospital Dunfermline.

The operation itself appeared to have gone well. Although after being home only 49 hours I was rushed back to hospital with sever pain.

Although my mother called NHS 24 between 3/4 but no one helped until my mum called back at 6pm as the staff were arguing that my surgery wasn't on NHS although I did. This was the start of bad things to come.

In the 4 years and 5 months I have had this I have vomited every day. I have seen a consultant 5 times in four years. Been x-rayed once. I have never seen a dietitian ever.

Now I have discovered the surgeon I had no longer works for nhs so right now I have no one to care for me.

I have to say pre/post operation care has been horrific but I have sneeked legal advice from a lawyer xx

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear "Mandy scobie"

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of having had a gastric band operation. It sounds like you have had a rough time of it. I would appreciate you contacting me directly so that I can try to understand a bit more about your situation.

I can be contacted by phone on 01592 648153 or by email at patientrelations.fife@nhs.net

Louise Ewing