"Excellent care for my son's mental health"

About: Child and adolescent mental health (Croydon)

(as a parent/guardian),

My son was referred to Croydon CAMHS in 2010 due to mental health problem. He has been under Doctor Siobhan Netherwood's treatment and care.

Doctor Netherwood is very professional, very kind and supportive. Over four years, Doctor Netherwood has observed, assessed, listened to the family's opinion, prescribed the proper doses of medication to my son. My son is very stable now.

Thank you very much, Doctor Netherwood, you saved my son. Thank you for your great support, Mr. Luis R Ordaz Perez.

Thank you, Croydon CAMHS.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Hua

Thank you for taking the time to post here about you and your sons experience of using our Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service in Croydon. The level of service you received from the clinician and team in question is the standard we strive to deliver from all of our services. I am glad your son's condition is now stable.

I will pass on your kind comments to Dr Netherwood and her colleagues in Croydon. I'm sure they will be delighted to know how pleased you are with their service.

Bill Berry