"My experience in intensive care"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

Back in Febuary I was taken by ambulance to the Q E 11, I ended up in I.C.U in critical care & was put into a controlled coma, I didn't rember much of that part, but my family were there to witness the the constant care, I was in I.C.U for 5 weeks and the care that I was given was second to none, all the nursing staff day/night shift were so caring for my every whim, exceeding all my needs to make my stay as comfortable as possible, we, myself & family cannot fault the care that the doctors & nursing staff gave me, I owe my life to their care & will be returning to I.C.U to thank them all personally Griff & Carol Jones.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

The NHS sometimes comes in for criticism, but at the same time it can be overlooked that day-in, day-out there are great staff across the country who work hard - and with great compassion - to help save people's lives. Your experience typifies that care and whilst we know that the ICU team will say that's what they are paid to do, we also know that they always go the extra mile for their patients - which is why they will be delighted to see you when you return.