"truly compassionate staff"

About: Princess Anne Hospital

I attended the day unit and the EPU for a very sad and emotional procedure. The staff in EPU were sympathetic and comforting regarding our loss. The staff in the day unit were outstanding. Special thanks must go to my surgeon, the anaesthetist and a Wonderful nurse. All 3 were so compassionate and incredibly sensitive and offered me reassurance and hope for the future. I cannot praise them highly enough. They are a credit to the team at the Princess Anne. The facilities were clean and tidy and although short staffed on the day this didn't reduce the quality of care. Whilst I understand the process behind no visitors/partners being allowed in the day unit, it made the waiting and health questions so much more emotional and difficult. Perhaps ladies in my situation could be allowed to have someone with them (even a female friend) before the surgery to make it a less painful process..?

Response from Princess Anne Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the day unit and EPU at what must be a very difficult time for you. We are pleased to hear your positive comments and praise for the staff who supported you. I will forward your comments to the Matron of this area to pass on to the staff and consider your suggestion.