"Poor maternity care."

About: The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

After I had my baby daughter through a C section in May, I developed a high temperature and abnormal blood test result. They refused to treat me with antibiotics actually and they blamed me that it was too hot in the room and forced me keep the window open although I was shivering. I had to treat myself with antibiotics bought from another country while in Hospital in order to get better. My newborn daughter has also ended-up with a cold because of the continued draft from the window. Awful care! Some of the midwife on the postnatal care were quite rude, as well! The information sent to the GP after discharge was incomplete. Avoid this Hospital especially if you have a foreign connotation name!

Response from The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience of the maternity service at Tunbridge Wells Hospital. We were very sorry to learn that you were so disappointed with the standard of care you received during your inpatient stay following the birth of your daughter. We strive to offer all patients the highest standards of care and treatment at all times. We would be keen to discuss your experience further and would like to invite you to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01892 632953 or via email to mtwpals@nhs.net, where a member of the team will be happy to help. We want to ensure that all our patients have a positive experience of our Trust and are grateful for patient feedback as this helps us with our regular reviews of service. Kind regards, The PALS Team.