"Kidney and tumour removal 20 May 2014"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

i had a kidney and tumour removed by the consultant using key hole surgery. My experience was that the whole team involved in the Urology department were highly skilled, kind and extremely caring throughout. The other departments involved such as haematology and CT scans were equally professional and caring. Even though I was only in hospital for three days I cannot praise the staff too highly. I am extremely pleased with the service offered by the DGH and the NHS. It was only 10 weeks from first seeing my GP with a major problem to convalescing at home.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind and appreciative words about varying staff (and departments) at Eastbourne DGH. It’s always encouraging for staff to receive positive feedback. As a Trust we are committed to giving the highest quality of care to our patients, and we always value all comments from patients and their families. It was extremely kind of you to take the time to provide feedback. I will ensure that your posting is shared with all the staff concerned. We wish you all the best and hope that you are continuing to make a good recovery.