"Chaos."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

My mum was at this hospital after a part of her bowel was taken out as she had cancer. From the time she got into Cheerful Sparrow ward till the time she died there 4 months later it was nightmare for her and her family. The staff could not cope with her after care she was 93 and had bad hearing and glaucoma two specific staff were awful and we complained about them they had no empathy for a elderly lady ,the staff did not seem to know what was happening with mum we had to keep on and on at them for answers it was very distressing . This is just a small example of our experience we will be complaining to the authorities after my mums funeral.

Thank you for providing feedback and I am sorry to see that you were not happy with the care we provided to your mother. Please do make contact with me via email on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net and I will investigate the concerns you have raised.