"My Mum - huge thank you to everyone"

About: Princess Alexandra Eye Pavillion

Yesterday my Mum had a cataract operation at Alexandra Eye Pavillion in Edinburgh. As an 88 year old with dementia and hard of hearing I have to say a huge thank you to everyone for their patience -from Donny the nurse who we saw initially to the student nurse who gave us tea and biscuits afterwards.

I was allowed to stay with Mum for as long as possible to help make her less anxious before her procedure. A special thanks to Mary the Theatre Nurse for her gentle approach and to Ben the anaesthetist who I believe talked to Mum throughout the operation to keep her calm.

An anxious time for her but made all the better by these professionals. thanks too to Dr McRae. Today Mum can already see so much better. A comfort to see things better in a world that she can sometimes become lost in.

Response from Customer Relations and Feedback Team, NHS Lothian

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding. Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience.

Patient feedback is vital to us and I will pass your kind comments on to the team.

Update posted by Helen1955 (a relative)

Please do pass on my story to those involved if possible.

I think we often forget the human element in situations such as my experience and it is important that staff feel valued and know that someone has taken the time to say thank you.