"I feel like I have found the pieces that complete my jigsaw"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Drug and alcohol service

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

When I started to attend appointments my life began to change. Never think that there is no-one out there to help you. It has taken me just over a year to prepare to stop drinking and it has been hard work but in the end it is worth it. I had a nurse there to talk to and support me. I was able to access counselling and alternative therapies and ended up going for a detox. Lots of people have helped me to recover. Since my detox I have not looked back.

I have become me, I grew up not knowing myself until I was 50 years old, coming to shared care has helped my get to know myself. I feel like I have found the pieces that complete my jigsaw.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Hi Katrina

Thank you for taking the time to post and sharing what must have been a difficult time in your life. Telling a story is often very powerful for people entering the same journey. I am really please Locala and its partnership services have been able to provide you with all the support, treatment and guidance you needed. I will share your post with the team and once again thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion.

Louise Thornton