"Excellent caring staff - very poor appointments..."

About: Lister Hospital

My check-up appointment was cancelled and I was given another one for 2 months later. I duly turned up to find clinic had been cancelled with no explanation and no notice. The nurse in the clinic next door was wonderful and she rang appointments for me. She was told she was no 26 in the queue and she waited on the phone for 40 minutes until someone answered. I was offered another appointment 4 months hence. For someone feeling poorly and vulnerable having to wait 40 minutes for an answer is unacceptable, especially as they have to pay for the call. I am fortunate in that I can afford it, and the nurse kindly took the strain. The nursing staff are excellent - kind, thoughtful, professional and prepared to go the extra mile, but the appointments system needs to be reviewed.

Response from Lister Hospital

You're right to be disappointed by the outpatient booking system - we know there is a lot of work to do to get our systems working better - it's a big focus for this year. In the meantime, if you're willing to email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net we would like to investigate what went wrong with your appointment - at the very least you deserve an official apology!