"X ray dept."

The X ray department has now been closed for 3 weeks, the reason i was given is that there is no water available or heating in the room used. These may well be sound reasons to close the department to patients, ( the hospital is fully staffed ) my complaint is why is it taking so long to resolve these issues? When trying to book an appointment you are advised to go to St lukes and use the walk in x ray department. The time it takes to travel to the other side of Bradford and with no appointment is forcing people to take a day off work! Is heating and water an issue in July?

Response from Shipley Hospital

I am sorry you did not get a response at the time, some problems with the website meant we did not see your comments at the time.

I do apologise for the inconvenience to you and other patients at that time, but we would not close a site unless it was essential, and with older buildings repairs sometimes do take longer than is ideal, but we are sorry you did not feel you had the kind of experience we would want to provide.