"Fantastic progess for what is a nasty and complicated injury"

About: City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics

I broke my heel last July and have just been discharged from physio a year later. I have been doing physio at The City Campus under the care of Paul Mathews for seven months and have had great support and encouragement.

From not being able to walk to now running regularly, my progress has been fantastic, for what is a nasty and complicated injury. An excellent team and well run department. I am very grateful to everyone involved in my care throughout. many thanks.

The reception staff were also excellent, efficient and pleasant.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for sharing such a great account of your physiotherapy with us. It is wonderful to hear that you have made such a good recovery from your injury and are running regularly. We will pass your message on to Paul and to everyone else involved in your care, who will no doubt appreciate hearing from you about your progress.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are now open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members for an award. The Family Health category is most relevant to the comments you have posted. Please go to our website to find out more: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028.

Response from City Hospital campus

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to know how well the staff have treated you and how smoothly your recovery has gone. Please do let us know who was involved in your physio treatment so we can pass the message of thanks on to the team and make sure individual colleagues receive the recognition they deserve. You can do so by calling 0115 9249924 ext. 67184 or by emailing sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk.