"Standard of care in Lincoln County Hospital"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

My experience of Lincoln's A+E department is poor. I was in a lot of pain after having a Rigid Cystoscopy 12 days ago at Lincoln's BMI hospital. I couldn't go to the toilet properly, and I was getting very bad shooting pains up my left side. It was that bad I was even sick and sweating profusely. I paid for a taxi to Lincoln's A+ E department and all I got given was standard pain killers and told to go to the out of hours service. Yet the BMI hospitals nurse told me to go to A+E, on the advice of one of their doctors.

I feel that the drunks or people with self inflicted injuries got a better standard of care, yet me (a patient with real problems) was put to the back of the queue. I feel this is disgusting and wrong. I wouldn't recommend Lincoln's A+E department to anybody.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear The Dog

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to learn of your recent experience within A&E. I have spoken to the matron and she would like you to get in touch so we can investigate the concerns you have raised and to confirm if appropriate advice/treatment was provided. She would like to apologise that you were not satisfied with the standard of care you were given.

Can you please contact me directly either via email - sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk or 01476 464560. I will then be able to organise a meeting.