"The worst hospital in the uk"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

My father was admitted to hospital as he was ill and we discovered he had terminal cancer. He was on a&e for 2 days (which had great staff) then moved to St Margaret's Ward. Do not let anyone go to this ward. My father was left to wet himself on many occasions and forced to eat food even though he was admitted because he has a tumour blocking his food pipe. He was left without a nurses button so he was forced to try and get himself out of bed and urinate. We found him falling out of bed one morning which really upset us (he is already dying we do not need to see this). He had tissue covered with faeces left in his bed and yogurts that had curdled left all day next to him. He had high calcium levels but the nurses were feeding him milk & yogurt. To top it all off we found him drinking his own urine one afternoon!! He wasn't able to get help from the nurses so used a cup next to him to pee. Then because he forgot about it as he is so poorly he drank it!! He is right in front of the nurses station and they were too stupid to see! The final day my sister heard nurses talking about my mother who has Asperger's syndrome which really upset her since her husband is dying. All these nurses deserve to lose their jobs as they cannot care for people and are clearly nasty. Never again will I ever step foot in this disgrace of a ward.

Thank you for providing feedback, I am very concerned to read the issues you have raised and I will explore this with staff. Please do email me your details and with the consent of your father, will investigate the issues you have raised. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net.