"Neurology referral"

About: Western General Hospital / Neurology

Referred to neurology, got a letter 10 weeks after referral, within 5 rings spoke to very friendly lady, who asked if a Saturday appointment would suit me and gave me a few times to choose from, which suited me. on arrival to DCN Outpatients a very friendly receptionist named Michael smiled and checked my details ( please never underestimate how the first person you see can make you feel at ease), this was so important to me as I was so anxious about this appointment.

I was seen by a medic who was at first very 'efficient', however once I told him what I was anxious about, he provided explanations and answered any questions I had, he did take the time to listen and I did not at any stage feel rushed. I

had to my surprise a very positive experience, I would encourage anyone going into a situation like this to take a list of questions, as this helped me.

Response from Customer Relations and Feedback Team, NHS Lothian

Firstly I apologise for the delay in responding. Thank you very much for your feedback and I am glad to hear that you had a good experience.

Patient experience is vital to us and I will pass on your kind words to the team.

• Mollyg thinks this response is helpful