"Experience following chemo"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Medicine

I had a high temperature six days after my first chemo treatment for breast cancer.In mid June 2014 On my arrival to the A & E triage I was shown into a private room and from there into another room for treatment. The doctors and nurses were very good and had good communication skills. After consultation it was decided that I needed to be admitted and a room to keep me isolated was required. I was admitted to the CCU/HDU ward and was looked after exceptionally well. On my arrival I was helped by the nurses to settle in and the consultant doctor Youssef was also there to examine me and put me at me ease. The outcome was that I had Neutropenic Sepsis and was given all the care and attention to help me on the road to recovery, and my discharge after a week. All I can add is well done Wishaw General Hospital.

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Honeysuckle,

Thankyou for taking the time to post your comments at what I can only imagine must be a very stressful time for you. Staff will be delighted to receive your feedback and I will make sure that I pass this on to the team within A/E, CCU and Dr Youssef. I hope you have continued to recover from your admission and you are able to progress with your treatment regime.

Best Wishes

• Honeysuckle thinks this response is helpful