"Terrible admin staff at A&E"

About: North Middlesex Hospital

Considering A&E is the forefront of getting any medical attention in this hospital - the staff who you see first ( after a good few , long painful hours ) are terrible - I recently have had the bad luck of needing medical attention and had to go back to A&E twice - on both occasions I can honestly say the admin say the admin staff treated me like scum - specially the second time ( Wednesday 2nd July 2014 around 2pm - 2 hours after I signed in with reception ) They call you name when they are ready to see you to take the basic details of why you are there - however this particular lady simply shouted my name twice - and disappeared back inside the room slamming the door shout behind her.. Bare in mind the waiting area of the A&E is quite large - and I was in allot of pain ( hence my repeated visit ) I walked to where I thought she was but as the door was closed I had no idea what room she was actually in - another patient had to point out the correct door to me... When I entered the room and tried to explain how unreasonable her behaviour was she simply cut me off and started asking me my DOB etc. .... I actually never write reviews as I also work in the public sector and understand how difficult it can sometimes be However I feel this lady needs to realise she works in a hospital where people ( myself at least ) are not there by choice - they are unwell and do not need RUDE staff making them feel worse ... Please deal with the NMH - I'm shocked and appalled that this sort of treatment is going unnoticed on a daily basis in A&E waiting area...

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

Sorry that your impression of my A&E department is blighted by the attitude of staff. I am A&E head of service, mark.channell@nhs.net and take your issues very seriously. I will be sharing your comments with my staff and discussing how staff attitude will be improved.