"The doctors treating my eye condition ..."

About: King's Mill Hospital

The doctors treating my eye condition were excellent and after being admitted from A&E the doctor went out of his way to get me medication for a very painful eye problem after the problems below left me unable to get a prescription due to the chemist being closed.

The receptionists forgot to pass my details on and subsequently i was left waiting to see a doctor on my first visit for 2 hrs. It was only after i asked why it was taking so long that they realised they had not passed them on. My last visit resulted in the same thing happening, this time the nurse only realised i was waiting to see a doctor because i was sat in the waiting area when every one else had been seen by their doctors. That visit resulted in the doctor informing me to make my next appointment in 1 weeks time, the receptionist informed me that they were booked up fully for that day and that she would speak to the doctor and call me when she could make a suitable appointment. It is now Friday 24th oct (1 week later) and still I have had no phone call or any means of getting me a new appointment.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your comments which have been forwarded to the Accident and Emergency management team. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your visit and hope that matters have since been resolved for you, if you are experiencing any problems please call the Patient Advice team on 01623 672222.