"Good all round"
About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Trauma and orthopaedics SY3 8XQ
Posted by Glowing652 (as ),
1) Staff very overworked in ward 10
2) Admitted later than planned following phone calls
3) Arrived, not met, found own bed (because of name signs)
4) Sat beside bed til 10pm – then decided to get ready for bed
5) Around 10pm was told I would probably be first down
6) At 11: 40pm offered tea and toast. Settled down about 12: 30pm
7) This was sat outside operating theatre discussed anaesthetics about the fact I am so ill afterwards. He was brilliant.
8) I thought the hip operation would be difficult to do if I was awake.
9) On recovery, taken backward. About 8 people were waiting on chairs with different problems to be admitted!
10) After less than an hour – taken down to Apley Ward
11) Good all round – apart from one nurse who was pretty offensive at weekend.