"Radiology at Adamson Hospital Cupar fife."

About: Adamson Hospital

On Friday morning at the end of June I was given a slip with the opening times of Radiology at 3 Hospitals in Fife. Victoria in Kirkcaldy all day. Glenrothes hosp from 1. 30 to 5pm. and Adamson hosp at Cupar from 9am to 12. 30. I attended at Cupar as my GP wanted me to have a Chest X ray. On arrival at the department, as there was no one at the desk I took a seat as there was a notice saying if no one was at the desk, someone would be with me as soon as possible. I waited patiently but after 30 minutes I went out to the GP receptionist and explained my problem, she told me it was shut that day, but there was no notice saying they were closed. I felt it was a waste of my time. However I must say I had my X ray at Glenrothes the same afternoon.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Annie Lawrie

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am sorry that your time was wasted waiting at Adamson Hospital when there was no service available. I will share your post and see if we can find out what happened and correct this for the future. We appreciate people taking the time to let us know these things so that we can improve them in the future.

Thanks and kind regards

Louise Ewing

• Annie Lawrie thinks this response is helpful

Response from John Wilson, Chief Executive, NHS Fife

Dear Annie Lawrie

I am annoyed to hear that you had a wasted trip to Adamson Hospital Radiology Department. Thanks for drawing this to our attention so we can take action to prevent this happening again.

I am pleased to see that you got your x ray at Glenrothes instead.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Best wishes

John Wilson

Chief Executive, NHS Fife.

• Annie Lawrie thinks this response is helpful