"Thanks to Rotary and ENT"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Well what more can be said about the Rotary and ENT Ward at the William Harvey Hospital, words and thanks will never be enough. For those who complain and put the National Health service down please continue to read for I feel that there are, although often the media and news would seem to tell us a different story, absolutely wonderful, loving and caring people in this world. As a son who’s Father is terminally ill with throat cancer and is about to be moved to see his last days out within a hospice and a Father who’s daughter is to be married in a few weeks time the very thing that my Father has been trying to stay alive for and will not see, I cannot thank the staff from Rotary enough for what was arranged within less than 24 hours, to name any of the staff would be unfair as all the Doctors, Sisters, Nurses and the two wonderful ladies on reception (who always had a welcome for us albeit sarcastically sometimes, which obviously helped us and made visiting the hospital easier) and not forgetting the backroom staff including those who bring the food and drinks around, once we were informed that Father was to be moved to the hospice we asked if we could arrange for the Priest along with our closest family members and my daughter and her future husband, for a blessing of the couple prior to the marriage so that my Father could at least see the commitment they were making to each other. This we asked at about 6pm on Monday evening. This was agreed and we went away to contact the priest who will be performing the actual service at a later date. When we arrived less than 24 hours later on the Tuesday one of the balcony’s had been prepared with tables and chairs, the staff had (from where we may never know) cut button holes for us, confetti had been arranged and one of the nurses had cut Father’s hair at his request to look smart for the occasion. “What a blessing and service” performed by Father David with some of the Rotary staff present, anyone from outside would have thought that they were all family members, even to the point of the small bouquet of flowers that my wife had made for our daughter for the service and when they were thrown in traditional manner all made certain that they were pushed towards and caught by (I think) the only unmarried nurse present! I am sure that my daughter and her future husband will recount this story a number of times during their future married life and not a story that many could tell. As I said at the beginning of this and on behalf of all my family, I cannot thank all the staff within Rotary enough and from my heart I sincerely thank all that helped on this special occasion and have been such a great comfort to us over the past twelve months.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. Our Chairman congratulated Caroline and her team today. We clearly see this as a very special team who make every effort to make a difference. Caroline knows how proud we are of her leadership and the work of her team.

the very best wishes to your daughter and her husband as they start on their married life together, we are glad that we could be part of this very special occasion for your father, yourself, and your family.