"First time mum"

About: Tiverton and District Hospital

Was appalled at treatment after rushed my 3 month old baby in with a sudden rash all over tummy and back. Staff were rude and unsympathetic. They made me feel like I was stupid for bringing him down. Told me I should have phoned docs even though I did and no one answered! I think that people that work in this profession should show some compassion to their patients.

Dear Anonymous

I was very sorry to read your feedback, and that you were not shown due care and consideration at what was obviously a very worrying time for you.

On reading your comments its not clear if you attended the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Tiverton, or the main hospital. I would welcome the opportunity to look into your concerns further if you would like to contact PALS ( Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01271 314090) to discuss your complaint.

However if it was the MIU at Tiverton Hospital that you attended this service is now managed by SWAST (South West Ambulance Services Trust) and they can be contacted on 01392 261585, and I am sure they would want to look into your concerns.

Once again please accept my apologies on behalf of both NHS services, as clearly your experience left you very upset.

Jayne