"Efficient and friendly"

About: Furness General Hospital

Recently after an accident as a pillion rider on a motorcycle, my foot hit a rock sticking out of a verge near Coniston - not fun when your foot travels in the wrong direction at 50mph! The ambulance crew arrived with 15 mins, and took me to Furness General Hospital. I was checked in, x-rayed, bandaged and out again in an hour! Shortest stay ever in A&E, other hospitals I've been to its been around 4 hours on average. It wasn't quiet either! All the staff were very helpful and friendly, but quick and efficient. Very impressed with the care and cleanliness, they made the whole experience as stress free as possible. I thought my view of the experience may have been distorted due to being pretty high on Morphine and Gas&Air, but my husband was likewise very impressed and he had a good countrywide experience of different hospitals, and this one definitely stands out!

Response from Furness General Hospital

Thank you for submitting a comment about our hospital services. We will pass on your kind comment to the staff at Furness General A&E. Wishing you all the best in your recovery!