"Not good at all"

About: The Whittington Hospital

I had a really high temperature, sweating and all sorts and my lymph nodes had all swollen due to an infection yet they kept me waiting for 6 hours they kept telling me I had 5 people ahead yet 6 people went in before me and I still wasn't seen so I left the hospital in so much pain and had to rely on painkillers again Not happy. I wouldn't recommend this hospital to anyone.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

We were very sorry to hear about your recent experience in our emergency department. We do aim to treat patients within 4 hours of arrival to ED and I am sorry that on this occasion you had such a long wait. Patients are prioritised by clinical urgency following an initial triage and waiting times do sometimes change if new patients arrive with more urgent needs. Without knowing when you attended it is difficult to comment on the specific circumstances that impacted on your experience and I am sorry you left without being treated. If you would like us to explore this further you are welcome to contact our PALS Service on 0207 288 5551 or whh-tr.whitthealthPALS@nhs.net. We have shared your feedback with the ED Team.