"A shameful service in my opinion"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Pembury Hospital

Further to my previous story https://www.patientopinion.org.uk/opinions/165041, we have finally received a letter this morning for the MRI. The appointment is in 3 weeks time. This will be 4 weeks from the time I called to escalate the issue with the Consultant and 5 weeks from when we actually saw him. The pain continues. The disability continues. The drug usage continues. In my opinion this is a shameful service.

As this is still ongoing I may share another story.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on the service you received from the Trust last year. We were sorry to learn of your frustration in relation to the wait for an MRI scan. Please be assured that we offer imaging appointments in order of clinical priority, but we do appreciate that for a patient in pain, any length of wait can feel too long. Should you require any assistance with our hospital services in the future, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01622 224960 or email mtw-tr.palsoffice@nhs.net. Kind regards, The PALS Team.