"Excellent treatment from stat to finish"

About: Torbay Hospital

Admitted to A & E midnight on Bank Holiday Monday by ambulance service.l Very busy, but staff so considerate and kind. Was informed would have to be admitted, but they would have to await a spare bed becoming available, and this might take time. Eventually admitted to Midgley Ward, and immediately attended to and it was stressed to me that if I needed any help during the night to just press the emergency bell. In hospital for a week, and during that time I was given, care compassion and attention. Doctors were gentle, and kind, and kept me bully informed of my condition and willingly answered questions. The nurses worked so hard during their 12 hour shift keeping on top of everything. All staff, nursing, catering and cleaning not only did a good job, but were cheerful and friendly. I would like to be able to "shout from the rooftops" my positive experience. Now on the road to recovery.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned. Kind regards South Devon Helathcare NHS Foundation Trust.