"Excellent care and friendly staff"

About: Ashburton and Buckfastleigh Hospital

Needed in patient care after exasperation of COPD. From the moment I arrived and throughout my stay everyone involved in my care provide an exemplary service. The nurses, assistants and cleaning and catering staff were not just friendly but cheerful and nothing was too much trouble, and when time permitted took the time to chat about my interests and fully involved me in my care plan. The wards are keep very clean and the food was a very good standard. When dealing with other patients with intense needs the staff displayed a great deal of care and compassion and respect for their dignity. As a Manager with more than 35 years experience in a range of different organisation I can confirm the hospital is obviously well managed and the culture is is of a quality that can only be achieved by a dedicated and caring team. Together with the care I have received from the staff on Midgely ward at Torbay in the past the quality of care has been far superior to what I have experienced in other parts of the country. A big thank you to everyone at Ashburton. Best wishes and kind regards from Dave Penwill.

Response from Patient Experience Lead, Patient Quality and Safety, South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am pleased that your recent stay in hospital was confortable and that you were looked after well. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team at Ashburton.

I hope that you are recovering well.

Kind Regards

Response from April Gradwell, Feedback, Engagement & Care Governance Manager, Professional Practice, Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust

Dear Dave,

The Assistant Director of Community Hospitals has briefed the staff at Ashburton and they were delighted to receive such great comments. Thank you for taking the time to write to us, feedback is so important to us so that we know where we are doing well and where we need to improve.

Kind Regards