"Accident & Emergency"

About: Good Hope Hospital

My husband was admitted last night due to groin pain and as it was his first time at A&E we were taken in quickly from reception. The doctor and his team consulted & diagnosed the issue however I did think the waiting time was excessive we came in at 11.45pm & left at 2.30am. My husband had to use the toilet & said it was in a poor state. Overall the doctor & his team were friendly & treated my husband well so thank you. I have had to come back this morning to the hospital pharmacy and get a prescription & it is dirty. I had to ring the bell twice to get someones attention even though there are lots of voices in the background. Iv come in 30mins after opening time & the till wasnt switched on & the chap who took away my prescription said he still had to get changed! Another customer has come in rang the bell & is still waiting....

Response from Ann-Marie Riley, Head Nurse, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear R&R

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Although I was pleased to hear that you had a good experience in our A+E department, I am sorry that you had issues with cleanliness in the A+E toilet and pharmacy -I will investigate these issues today. I will also ensure the pharmacy department are made aware of the problems you encountered.

Do get in touch in you want to discuss further

Ann Marie