"Very upset by treatment"

About: Haslemere Hospital

I took my son aged 8 to Haslemere hospital after school last Friday as he had fallen and hurt his wrist. They turned me away. I arrived at 4pm and was told that they didn't have time to see me as they close at 5pm. I was told to take my son and younger daughter who was with me to sit in A&E at this time on a Friday afternoon if I wanted treatment. I was unable to attend A&E that evening so went the following morning to have confirmation that my son's arm was fractured and would be in plaster for 6 weeks. I am really angry that the hospital acted in this way and consider it both unprofessional and extremely bad practice.

Response from Haslemere Hospital

I'm sorry that you were not happy with the service you received at the hospital recently. Thank you for providing feedback to us and taking the time to post this feedback here. Unfortunately on occasion we will reach a point at which we cannot take further appointments due to workloads and availability of staff and rooms for treatment. In these cases you will always be provided with advice on which service would be most appropriate for you to visit instead, as you say. If you would like us to look into this specific case then please do contact our Customer Services team on 0300 303 9509 and we will be more than happy to investigate.