"excellent treatment"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

On May 27th I had a vaginal prolapse repair and hysterectomy. I was very impressed by the professionalism, kindness, respect, and sensitivity shown to me by all staff involved in my care. Even at the end of a busy night shift staff continued to be thoughtful, encouraging, and considerate. My treatment is proving successful and is already making a huge a difference to my quality of life. I can walk in comfort and without needing to make urgent and frequent visits to the toilet. I am 69 years old and am delighted with the speed and straightforward progressof my recovery. My family is amazed. I am sure this is due to the excellent treatment and care I received. I would like to thank all members of staff involved in my care.

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

I am so pleased to hear that you had such a good experience at the hospital and would like to thank you for taking the time to add your comments to Patient Opinion.

Should you ever wish us to give us your comments directly, good or bad, or need to share a worry about your care then please contact the Patient Experience Team by e-mail on PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or telephone on 0800 917 6039.

I hope that you continue to do well in your recovery.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding. We are delighted that you have had such a positive experience within the Gynaecology Department at Queen Alexandra Hospital. Please be assured that we will of course, pass your kind comments on to the department for their information, we are sure they will be just as happy to receive this news as we were.