"waiting is a joke"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was sent for an MRI scan in Chrorley, the staff there are great. I have now been waiting for just over one month for my results or even just a letter to go back and see the consultant. I have tried to call the hospital, 1st call i was told that the consultant had not opened my results. a week later i am told that he no longer has a secretary and things are taking longer and they are waiting for him to dictate a letter but refused to give me any results over the phone. As most people will be aware if you are waiting for results it can be very stressfull, and as a patient we should be kept informed,not left in the dark stressing as we wait for results.

Thank you for your feedback; I'm sorry to hear of your experience and do appreciate the distress and worry the delay has caused. Can I suggest that you contact the PALS department on 01772 522972 who will help you access your results if you have not as yet received them.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate the anxiety that is caused as a result of such delays; if you continue to experience difficulties in relation to this, can I ask you to please contact our PALS department on 01772 522972, who will be pleased to help.