"Lost Sample"

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

I Came to Oldham Hospital with my son who wasn't eating and constantly being sick, the staff were very helpful and told us it was tonsillitis, and gave me some antibiotics for him, but he couldn't take these until I could get a urine sample from my son. The next day I brought his urine back into the hospital, and the staff said that someone would ring me the following Day but I didn't receive a phonecall, so I phoned the next day and they told me they would ring me back with his results that day. As they didn't ring again I phoned up the next day, and they then told me they couldn't find his urine sample because I didn't label it with his name , which I remember doing very well. And now my son has started his antibiotics he cannot do another sample until he has finished them which is yet another week. So with this I am not very happy with the Oldham hospital.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your sons visit to the Accident and Emergency department at the Royal Oldham Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward you comment to the department manager.